Saturday, November 10, 2012

Thank you@edcampbmore!

You can follow me on Twitter @philgriffins

An early morning walk before Edcampbmore!

I must thank the @edcampbmore team for putting together an outstanding edcamp. The hard work and motivation was evident throughout the entire day. Energy was high from the moment I walked through the door until the last raffle prize was given away.

It was great to finally meet some of the people I have been following for months on Twitter. They were often similar  to their writing style. It is amazing how much information and personality a person can pack into 140 characters.

The conversations were rapid and robust. They continued from the classrooms, through the hallways, in the cafeteria, and for me all the way home to Richmond, thanks to Paula Huffman(@pmhuffman), another great WJCC administrator.We hope to collaborate and bring the edcamp model to our schools and perhaps the entire WJCC district.

At this edcamp I met people from NH,(yes New Hampshire!) NJ, VA, MD, and D.C.. To these new PLN members that I met and talked with, I can't wait to learn with you. The passion and expertise you demonstrated throughout the day is inspiring. The teachers that showed up today represent what we want and need to see in all of our outstanding educators throughout our society.

If all goes well, I expect to see many of you next year again in Baltimore . For some of you, If I feel completely nuts you may see me in NJ and @edcampnj on Dec. 1!

I feel motivated, refreshed and ready to attack this upcoming school week. Thank you @edcampbmore Planning Committee, job well done!

1 comment:

  1. Phil, it has been a pleasure getting to know you through the Edcamp experience. I agree with you. The people you meet at Edcamps are some of the most interesting, motivating, talented people you can meet. It is what makes giving up a Saturday worth it. These folks make me so proud of my profession. I am thrilled you had a great day at Edcamp Baltimore. Your contributions to the day were invaluable! Looking forward to following you on your blog and through Twitter.

    ReplyDelete